ABOUT THIS MENU
Banana Leaf Rice, like its name suggest, is rice and side dishes served on a large banana leaf rice which replaces a plate. A popular Malaysian-Indian meal, it’s the top choice for Malaysian vegetarian or pescetarian.
This meal is always served with Dhal Curry – a vegetable curry made from lentil and various spices and vegetables such as turmeric, fenugreek, tomato, potato, and chili. The will also be a side of meat or fish curry; refreshing cucumber raita salad; and popadum, a cracker.
Savvy foodie will ask for rasam, a hot and sour Indian soup made from spices and tamarind. So potent, its served in a small bowl and you only need a few sips to enjoy the flavourful liquid.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Indian Fish Curry (Pescatarian) OR Fried Bittergourd (Vegetarian)
- Dhal Curry (Vegetable Lentil Curry)
- Cabbage with Turmeric & Mustard Seeds
- Cucumber Raita
- Rasam (Indian Soup)
- 9:00 am: Meet at our home. Enjoy a glass of flower tea & appetiser from our organic garden
- 9:15 am: Garden tour
- 9:45 am: Cooking Class
- 12:30 pm: Eat!
- 1:00 pm: End of session
Note: Market tour (at an additional price) starts at 8 am
Afternoon Class at 2 pm is available with minimum of 3 people.
- Your booking will be confirmed via email within 48 hours
- Payment of USD 65 (RM 250) is then made via Paypal or Bank Transfer
- Additional charge for market tour (USD 20/RM 80) and hotel pick-up (USD 25/ RM 100)