ABOUT THIS MENU
Malaysia’s Chinatown is located at Petaling Street, the heart of Kuala Lumpur. The Chinese makes a significant population in Malaysia and has integrated into the Malaysian culture for at least three generations.
This menu features fusion Chinese-Malaysian dishes that are only available in Malaysia. Our Wantan Noodles is different – it’s a ‘dry’ version flavoured with various sauces. The noodle is served with dumplings in soup and caramelised roast pork known as Char Siew. This combo – noodles, dumplings in soup, and roast pork – is ranked at #299 on Lonely Planet Ultimate Eatlist in 2019.
At a busy street at Petaling Street, you can find a famous stall called Koon Kee which serve this type of noodle. On the same street, you can find a unique local dessert: fried sweet potatoes and coconut balls. The Chinese makes use of local ingredients such as coconut flakes to create a delicious fusion dessert.
We also have Lor Bak Or Ngo Hiang, a popular fried snack, made from five-spice, beancurd, and pork. Wash all the food down with a glass of cold lime juice with plum that is only found in Malaysia and Singapore.
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
In this menu, you will learn to make:
- Wantan Noodles with Pork Dumplings
- BBQ Char Siew Pork (Roasted Caramel Pork)
- Lor Bak (Five-Spice Fried Meat Rolls)
- Fried Sweet Potato & Coconut Balls
- Limau Asam Boi (Calamansi Lime Juice with Sour Plum)
You will also learn how to roll Lor Bak with thin beancurd sheets made from soya milk and knead sweet potato-coconut dough for our dessert.
- 9:00 am: Meet at our home. Enjoy a glass of flower tea & appetiser from our organic garden
- 9:15 am: Garden tour
- 9:45 am: Cooking Class
- 12:30 pm: Eat!
- 1:00 pm: End of session
Note: Market tour (at an additional price) starts at 8 am
Afternoon Class at 2 pm is available with minimum of 3 people.
- Your booking will be confirmed via email within 48 hours
- Payment of USD 85 (RM 350) is then made via Paypal or Bank Transfer
- Additional charge for market tour with breakfast (USD 25/RM 100) and hotel pick-up (USD 25/ RM 100)