ABOUT THIS MENU
Nasi Lemak is Malaysia’s defacto national dish. Rice, a Malaysian staple, is cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaf which gives it both taste and fragrance. It is accompanied by sambal, a spicy sauce made from chili and shrimp paste.
The coconut rice, sambal, and its condiments (eggs, peanuts, anchovies, and cucumber) is then wrapped with banana leaf into a pyramid, ready for sale and easy takeaway. Hungry Malaysians will top it up with a side of meat, the most popular being fried chicken.
You’ll see this dish everywhere – at the market, hawker stalls, coffee shop, or restaurants. Malaysian have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s indeed one of Malaysian most beloved food. We dare say this: you haven’t been to Malaysia if you’ve never eaten Nasi Lemak!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
In this menu, you will learn to make:
- Nasi Lemak (Coconut Rice with Spicy Condiment/ 马来参巴椰漿飯)
- Ayam Goreng Berempah (Malaysian Spiced Fried Chicken/ 马来香料炸鸡)
- Kerabu Kacang Botol (Four Angled Beans Salad/马来四角豆沙拉) or Okra with Sambal Belacan (Ladies’ Fingers with Chili Prawn Paste) 马来参巴羊角豆
- Sago Gula Melaka (Sago Pudding with Coconut Milk & Palm Sugar/ 椰糖西米布丁) OR Ondeh-ondeh (Glutinous Rice Balls with Palm Sugar & Coconut Flakes/椰丝糯米球)
- Teh Tarik (Pulled Tea/马来拉茶)
We will introduced you to the many local spices used in Malaysian Spiced Fried Chicken; you may even harvest some from our garden. You will also learn how to wrap the coconut rice with banana leaves into packets of pyramids just like hawkers do.
- 9:00 am: Meet at our home. Enjoy a glass of flower tea & appetiser from our organic garden
- 9:15 am: Garden tour
- 9:45 am: Cooking Class
- 12:30 pm: Eat!
- 1:00 pm: End of session
Note: Market tour (at an additional price) starts at 8 am
Afternoon Class at 2 pm is available with minimum of 3 people.
- Your booking will be confirmed via email within 48 hours
- Payment of USD 75 (RM 300) is then made via Paypal or Bank Transfer
- Additional charge for market tour (USD 25/RM 100) and hotel pick-up (USD 25/ RM 100)