ABOUT THIS MENU
Hainanese Chicken Rice is created by Chinese from the Hainan province who migrated to Malaya in the mid 19th century. Hainanese people were often hired as cooks in British military camps and homes of the wealthy.
The most loved Hainanese food is their Chicken Rice. This dish is a popular lunch menu for working Malaysians who want a filling and delicious meal.
What makes ‘Hainanese’ chicken rice different from ordinary is the juicy skin. The chicken is poached in chicken soup and then bathed in ice to create a succulent skin. Yes, we will dip a whole chicken into the pot and then transfer into an ice bucket!
This meal is only complete with aromatic ’yau fan’ cooked with pandan leaves and other secret ingredients; chili sauce; ginger condiment; chicken soup; and seasoned soya sauce.
Though this meal takes a lot of work, but it is worth it!
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
In this menu, you will learn to make:
- Aromatic Rice
- Succulent Poached Chicken
- Condiments: Chili Sauce, Ginger Sauce, Flavoured Soy Sauce
- Beansprout Salad
- Chicken Soup
- Calamansi Lime Juice
You will learn techniques to create succulent skin and chopping the whole chicken.
- 9:00 am: Meet at our home. Enjoy a glass of flower tea & appetiser from our organic garden
- 9:15 am: Garden tour
- 9:45 am: Cooking Class
- 12:30 pm: Eat!
- 1:00 pm: End of session
Note: Market tour (at an additional price) starts at 8 am
Afternoon Class at 2 pm is available with minimum of 3 people.
- Your booking will be confirmed via email within 48 hours
- Payment of USD 90 (RM 350) is then made via Paypal or Bank Transfer
- Additional charge for market tour with breakfast (USD 20/RM 100) and hotel pick-up (USD 25/ RM 100)