When I first started my kitchen, there weren’t much cooking utensils and almost none for baking. I thought that to bake, I would need fancy equipments such as a stand mixer (which I wasn’t ready to invest yet). So I made jellies, mousse and Chinese sweet soup instead. I didn’t think that I could bake a cake (easily) without proper tools until I found this no-bake cheesecake recipe.
You only need 30 minutes to prepare the cake. You don’t need a cake mixer or an oven. Best of all, it is absolutely delicious. If you don’t trust me, trust Nigella Lawson (Recipe adapted from Nigella Lawson)
The whole idea of this cake is that no eggs are involved so you don’t have to bake it. All you need to do is 1) Make a base using biscuits and butter 2) Make and top the base with cheese filling and 3) Spread jam over it. That’s it!
- Whisk (I use electric whisk)
- Cake pan (20 cm)
- Pestle/ rolling pin/ or anything heavy eg. bottom of a pan + ziplock bag (to crush biscuit)
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Wax paper
Easy Blueberry Cheesecake - 30 Min + No-bake
- 125 g (9 pcs) Digestive biscuit
- 75 g Butter
- 300 g Cream cheese
- 60 g (1/2 cup) Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- 250 ml Double cream
- Blueberry jam
- Step 1 MAKE BISCUIT BASE: Crush the biscuits into crumbs. Add into softened butter. Press the mixture into a 20cm springform tin and refrigerate.
- Step 2 MAKE FILLING: Beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice in a bowl until smooth. Lightly whip the double cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
- Step 3 SPREAD TOPPING: When you are ready to serve the cheesecake, unmould it and spread the blueberry jam on top.
STEP 1: Make biscuit base
STEP 2: Make cheese filling
STEP 3: Spread topping
Mix 9 pcs crushed biscuit + 75 g soften butter. Press biscuit mixture into a 20cm cake pan & refrigerate. Beat together 300 g cream cheese + 1/2 cup icing sugar + 1 tsp vanilla extract + 1/2 tsp lemon juice in a bowl until smoot..Whip 250 g double cream & fold it into the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Unmould & spread the blueberry jam on top.
Isn’t it a piece of cake?