I like the smartest and fastest method of doing everything at home (and in life). Yes, that includes eating a mango. Forget about peeling the skin and then cutting the flesh into bite-size pieces. Let me show you the no-peel method of eating a mango. It only takes 5 minutes…cutting, eating and throwing the seed away included!
- Cut one side of the flesh of the mango lengthwise, avoiding the seed.
- Repeat step #1
- You will have three pieces of the mango.
- Cut the skin surrounding the seed.
- Make vertical stripes on other two fleshy pieces. Remember to avoid cutting though the mango; just cut the flesh before reaching the skin.
- Now cut vertical stripes against it to create a criss-cross pattern.
- Hold the two edges of the mango and invert the mango to push the flesh out.