Cooking Class & Garden Tour at Kuala Lumpur
Learn how to make your favourite Malaysian hawker food at a peaceful neighbourhood in Kuala Lumpur just 20 minutes train ride away from the city. Sara Khong, a professional cook and author of four Malaysian cookbooks, will welcome you to her family home to make Malaysian cuisine together.
Start your morning with a glass of flower tea before exploring the organic edible garden with over 50 herbs, spices, and flowers used in everyday cooking. See, touch, smell, and taste a variety of local plants like curry leaves and turmeric.
You will cook, hands-on, five Malaysian food of your choice. You will also receive printed recipes so that you could recreate it at home. Lastly, enjoy a delicious meal together while hearing stories of the Malaysian way of life.
- Flexible menu of 5 dishes Choose from different menus of Malaysia’s most popular dishes below
- Small group Learn to cook with a group of maximum five people
- Garden tour Pluck, smell, and even taste herbs and spices from our garden
- Complimentary drink & appetiser Enjoy a glass of welcome drink & appetiser from our garden
- Personal guidance Receive personal guidance during the tour and throughout the cooking process
- English/ Cantonese/ Malay Classes can be conducted in English, Cantonese, or Malay
- Traditional cooking Cook with fresh ingredients and use traditional tool such as pestle and mortar to crush herbs and spices.
- Recipe booklet Go home with clear and fool-proof recipes so you can cook delicious Malaysian food back home!
- Market tour and breakfast (additional) Visit and have breakfast at the market where my family get our fresh vegetable and meat from daily at an additional price (not available on Tuesday)
- Hotel pick-up (additional) We can drive from the hotel and back at an additional price
FLEXIBLE MENU (5 recipes each)
My home is just 20 minutes train ride away from the city centre (Bukit Bintang MRT Station). Take a train to Taman Connaught MRT Station and exit at Gate C. We will pick you up there.
For convenience, you can also take a GRAB taxi directly to the school (recommended).
We also offer pick-up from your hotel at an additional price of USD 25.
BOOKING & PAYMENT
- Book the class of your choice by clicking the 'BOOK NOW' button below
- Make 50% deposit payment (coupon code: deposit) or full payment via Paypal or Bank Transfer
- The remainder payment will be made at the class
- Market tour and breakfast (USD 15) and pick-up service (USD 25) is available at an additional charge
- Your booking will be confirmed via email within 48 hours
- 100% refund will be made if 3 days notice is given